Summary of Clinical Research
At AlterG, we are committed to proper scientific investigation of the potential clinical and athletic performance benefits of using our device. Please click the link below to find a summary of our clinical research.
Summary Of Clinical Research Involving The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
The Science of Unloading and Progressive Loading – The beneficial effects of controlled mobilization and loading on healing tissue are well documented in the scientific literature. Similarly, the detrimental effects of prolonged under-loading and immobilization are also well known. In the following review, selected clinical topics are discussed which provide the foundation behind the theory of unloading and progressive loading used in rehabilitation and training with the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill.
- Stroke Rehabilitation and the AlterG / Jacon C. Chun, MPT, SCS, ATC, CSCS
- Fall Prevention and the AlterG / Jacon C. Chun, MPT, SCS, ATC, CSCS
- Obesity and the AlterG / Dev Mishra, M.D.
- ACL Reconstruction - Traditional Rehabilitation vs AlterG / John Brown, M.D.; Bethany Larsen, M.S.; Marc C Jacofsky, Ph.D.; Dan Neal, P.T., M.S.P.T; Kyle Brooks, PA-C
- Managing Knee Osteoarthritis: The Effects of Body Weight Supported Physical Activity on Joint Pain, Function, and Thigh Muscle Strength / Jason Peeler, PhD, CAT(C), Mathew Christian, MSc, Juliette Cooper, PhD, Jeffrey Leiter, PhD, and Peter MacDonald, MD