The AlterG Bionic Leg™ provides patient initiated motor assistance during sit to stand exercises, over ground walking and stair climbing. Sensors detect the patient’s weight shift and changes in knee angle when the patient begins to stand up or ascend a stair and responds by either bending or extending the leg, helping to lift the patient. While walking, the device allows the leg to move freely during the swing phase, while providing added support during the stance phase.
This wearable, robotic rehabilitation device enables physiotherapy patients to:
Reach higher functional levels
- Increase balance
- Improve gait mechanics and endurance
- Strengthen weak muscles
- Increase confidence
The AlterG Bionic Leg provides advanced robotic assisted rehabilitation therapy, to patients recovering from stroke (CVA), orthopaedic injury or surgery, incomplete spinal cord injury (SCI), or traumatic brain injury (TBI), as well as patients with Multiple Sclerosis or general lower extremity weakness.
A Physiotherapists Friend
The innovative AlterG Bionic Leg enables your patients to experience more mobility and complete more repetitions of exercises than previously possible. During physiotherapy, the AlterG Bionic Leg:
- Acts as a pair of hands and eliminates the need for an additional therapist during exercises
- Is very easy to use. Patients can be on their feet and making progress within 5 minutes.
- Provides intent-driven and/or adjustable robotic assistance to the patient’s affected limb when attempting to stand, sit, walk, or ascend and descend stairs
- Improves patient day-to-day capabilities by enabling higher-level balance exercises, gait training and strengthening exercises