A Leg Up.
The AlterG Bionic Leg™ provides patient initiated motor assistance during sit to stand exercises, over ground walking, and stair climbing. This wearable, robotic rehabilitation device enables neuro and ortho physical therapy patients to:
- Reach higher functional levels
- Increase balance
- Improve gait mechanics and endurance
- Strengthen weak muscles
The Bionic Approach.
Whether in the clinic or in home health therapy, the AlterG Bionic Leg provides advanced robotic assisted rehabilitation therapy, to patients recovering from stroke (CVA), orthopedic injury or surgery, incomplete spinal cord injury (SCI), or traumatic brain injury (TBI), as well as patients with Multiple Sclerosis or general lower extremity weakness.
The Next Functional Level.
The innovative AlterG Bionic Leg enables your neuro and orthopedic rehabilitation patients to experience more mobility and complete more repetitions of exercises than previously possible. During physical therapy, the AlterG Bionic Leg:
- Provides intent-driven and/or adjustable robotic assistance to the patient’s affected limb when attempting to stand, sit, walk, or ascend and descend stairs
- Improves patient day-to-day capabilities by enabling higher-level balance exercises, gait training and strengthening exercises
- Reduces the need for additional therapist assistance during exercises, allowing the clinician to focus on the patient and the quality of the movement
While expanding the possibilities for the therapist and the patient, the AlterG Bionic Leg uses advanced robotic assistive technology to make physical therapy easier on both the patient and the therapist, while providing progressive functional mobility training. Neuro and orthopedic rehabilitation patients can be on their feet and making progress in their rehab in less than 5 minutes with the help of a single physical therapist.