With the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill™, athletes can use precision unweighting to begin post-surgery rehabilitation sooner, train through injuries, and increase sports performance.
ALTERG® FOR SPORTS INJURY & TRAINING
For athletes interested in rehabbing faster, training while protecting or recovering from an injury or surgery, or increasing training volume while minimizing stress-related injuries, AlterG® allows you to achieve your goals sooner and smarter. AlterG’s Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ technology is a cornerstone in the training rooms of professional sports teams, Olympic training centers, and sports science facilities around the world.
Use an Anti-Gravity Treadmill to get fitter and stay healthier
- Unweights you from 100% to as low as 20% of your body weight in precise 1% increments for low-impact, pain-free movement.
- Supports normal gait mechanics and avoids development of compensatory strategies – unlike conventional body weight support alternatives such as hydrotherapy.
- Real-time gait data and video monitoring help you use visual feedback to get better results faster.
- Limit downtime by training through injuries and enabling a return to sport in better condition.
- Enables earlier post-surgery training.
- Increase training volume while minimizing stress-related injury.
- Encourage range of motion, shown to improve outcomes
“The AlterG took the fear out of returning to training. It enabled me to begin running six weeks before my doctor cleared me to run on the ground and allowed me to incrementally transition back to full training.”
— SHANNON ROWBURY | OLYMPIC DISTANCE RUNNER
“By reducing effective body weight using the AlterG, my athletes can increase their training volume as high as 25%, without increased risk of injury…for competing at the highest levels ever.”
— ALBERTO SALAZAR, DIRECTOR | MARATHON RUNNER & OLYMPIC COACH
“I began training on the AlterG the same day I was diagnosed with a stress fracture. Eight weeks later, I took second in the 20K at New Haven. Just amazing. No way I could have done that without AlterG!”
— JOSH ROHATINSKY | RUNNER
Sports performance & orthopedic applications
Increased training volume with less injury risk
Meniscectomies & meniscus repairs
Total hip & total knee replacement