CHANGE THE WAY YOU LIVE, ONE STEP AT A TIME
AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmills™ give seniors effective functional training to increase mobility, build strength and endurance, and reduce impact injury – all while critically decreasing fall risk and maintaining quality of life.
ALTERG® FOR SENIORS & ACTIVE AGING
For seniors with an interest in active aging, the Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ system can change the way you live. AlterG allows you to move, walk, run, build strength, and improve cardio conditioning in a comfortable, pain-free environment. Keep your body active without the risk of falling or impact stress injury. AlterG® can be found in senior care centers and outpatient physical therapy facilities around the world.
Move in an all-new way for increased well-being
- Uses air pressure to gently unweight you from 100% to as low as 20% of body weight in precise 1% increments for low-impact, pain-free movement.
- Innovative system supports normal biomechanics – unlike conventional alternatives such as hydrotherapy and harnesses.
- Reduces the barrier to exercise for deconditioned, anxious, or high fall-risk seniors.
- Enables gradual progression of training to set you up for long-term fitness success.
- Provides support in a controlled setting for static and dynamic standing practice.
“Training in the AlterG offers a significantly increased level of safety and confidence. Maybe most importantly, our patients really enjoy working in the AlterG.”
— MICHAEL HARLEY, PT | LIFE CARE CENTER OF NEW MARKET
“Instead of worrying about falling, patients concentrate on walking and coordination. Not only does the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill strengthen muscles, it builds the patient’s confidence.”
— SONIA FRANCIS-DUKES, PT | MORSE LIFE SENIOR CENTER
“We’ve been able to get total joint replacement patients walking with a better gait because you can simulate the pattern of normal walking and normal movement better with AlterG.”
— JOHN LOWE, DIRECTOR | PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION CENTER, UMC
Use AlterG for a range of clinical applications
Build strength & endurance
Total hip & total knee replacement