Welcome to the AlterG, Inc. (“AlterG”) website. We provide our services to you subject to the following conditions. By visiting www.alterg.com, you accept these conditions.
We at AlterG® are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you share with us.
Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit AlterG’s web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
AlterG (“AlterG” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with the practices described in this notice.
This notice describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the personal data we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website or other digital properties, communications, or forms that link or refer to this notice (our “Website“). This notice applies to the personal data collected through our Website, e-mails, or website-related electronic communication as well as offline activities and communications, regardless of the country you are located in.
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, services, social networks, or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow the third party to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices for processing and storing your personal data. By engaging with our Website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this notice. This notice may change from time to time. Your continued engagement with our Website after any such revisions indicates that you accept and consent to them, so please check the notice periodically for updates.
Data we may collect about you
We collect and use different types of data from and about you including:
- Personal data that we could reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you and/or your interests in our products, such as your and/or your facility’s (i.e. hospital’s/clinic’s) name, postal address, email address, telephone number, title, position, market, treatment and patient characteristics, or other similar identifiers which we may use to contact you online or offline; if you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and/or billing information (“personal data“).
- Non-personal data that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic, statistical, or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal data. For example, we may aggregate personal data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, or operating system and platform.
- Non-personal details about your website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through, and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
If we combine or connect non-personal, technical, or demographic data with personal data so that it directly or indirectly identifies an individual, we treat the combined information as personal data.
How we collect data about you
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create an account, search for a product, place an order, provide us with your contact or other information at trade shows, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. See Cookies and automatic data collection below.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you from third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, data brokers, or aggregators.
Cookies and automatic data collection technologies
- Store your preferences so we may customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Provide you with customized advertisements, content, and information.
- Assign you to the appropriate sales representative (based on your country information) for personal contact.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities offered through our Website and the services provided via our Website.
- Improve our Website.
Our Website pages and e-mails may contain web beacons (small transparent embedded images or objects, also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or e-mail readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity.
Please note that we may also use the above technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We do not control how these third-party tracking technologies operate or how they may use the collected data. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Cookies Configuration.
Third parties provide certain services available on alterg.com on AlterG ‘s behalf. AlterG may provide information, including Personal Information, that AlterG collects on the Web to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which AlterG maintains its Website and mailing lists. AlterG will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on AlterG’s behalf.
AlterG does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on AlterG’s behalf unless such transfer is legally required. Similarly, it is against AlterG’s policy to sell Personal Information collected online without consent.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to provide you with products, offer you services, communicate with you, deliver advertising and marketing, or to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your experiences. Examples of how we may use the personal data we collect include to:
- Present our Website and provide you with the information, products, services and support that you request of us.
- Send information and respond to your inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
- Process your orders and send information and updates pertaining to such orders as well as the ordered products or services.
- Process and/or collect payments as well as performance of credit checks.
- Provide you with customized advertisements, content, and information.
- Assign you to the appropriate sales representative (based on your country information) for personal contact.
- Meet our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including billing or collections or complying with legal requirements.
- Fulfil the purposes for which you provided the data or that were described when it was collected.
- Notify you about changes to our Website, products or services.
- Ensure that we present our Website content in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Administer our Website and conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes.
- Improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Administer contests, promotions or other site features.
- Protect our Website, employees or operations.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Build and establish individual profiles of our customers;
We may combine the information we collect online from or about you with the information we collect offline from or about you. We may also combine your information that we’ve collected from you with information we may receive from other sources, such as address update services or co-promotion partners.
We may also use personal data to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may use personal data to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may use non-personal data for any business purpose.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may share your personal data with:
- Any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Business partners, suppliers, service providers, sub-contractors, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with website improvement and optimization or service providers that assist us in processing your credit card payments). We contractually require these third parties to keep that personal data confidential and use it only for the contracted purposes. Third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep that personal data confidential and use it only for the contracted purposes.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve you and others relevant advertisements.
- Credit reference agencies when required to assess your credit score before entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any businesses or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such businesses or assets.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings, where one of the transferred assets is the personal data we hold.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of cybersecurity, fraud protection, and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the data.
- For any other purposes that we disclose when you provide the data.
- We may share non-personal data without restriction.
Consent to personal data transfer
We are based in the United States. We may process, store, and transfer the personal data we collect, in and to a country outside your own, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own. In such cases, we make sure that the recipients of your personal data maintain an adequate level of data protection.
By submitting your personal data or engaging with our Website, you consent to this transferring, storing, or processing.
Your personal data use choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you agree to us using your email address and contact information to promote our own products and services, or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order, download, registration, or request form) or at any other time by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may withdraw your consent respectively and opt-out of further marketing communications at any time by following the opt-out links in that message.
- Third-Party Advertising. If you agree to us sharing your personal data with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order, download, registration or request form) or at any other time by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com. You may withdraw your consent respectively and opt-out of further marketing communications by third parties at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising. If you agree to us using information that we collect or that you provide us with to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order, download, registration or request form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or plug-ins enabling third-party features. If you follow a link to any third-party website or engage with a third-party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
Accessing, correcting, deleting and objecting to processing of your personal data
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, reception, correction, or deletion of any personal data that you have provided us with, or to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. In your request, please include your name, email, and postal address, as well as your specific request and any information we may need to process your request.
You have the right to withdraw your consent any time, it being understood that this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent prior to your withdrawal. Please note that we can only delete your personal data by also deleting your user account. We may refuse a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or negatively affect the information’s accuracy.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to our privacy notice
We will post any changes we may make to our privacy notice on this page and indicate on the Website home page that we updated this privacy notice. If the changes fundamentally alter how we use or treat your personal data we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments, and requests regarding this privacy notice and our privacy practices are welcomed and should be addressed to:
Attn: Marketing Department
48368 Milmont Drive
Fremont, CA 94538
Phone: (510) 270-5900
ALTERG COOKIE NOTICE
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information contained in a very small text file that is stored in your Internet browser or elsewhere on your hard drive. Cookies allow a website to identify a user’s device whenever that user returns to the website and are commonly used in order to make websites work more efficiently and enrich the user experience, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
AlterG’s use of web beacons
AlterG may also use tracking technologies called web beacons to collect information about your visit to AlterG sites. These are small images embedded in web content and HTML-formatted email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, this technology enables us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users on AlterG sites. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to our users, this technology may be embedded in such emails. Using web beacons allows us to determine whether emails have been opened or links were accessed, and identify aggregate trends, individual usage, and generate statistics about how our site is used. This enables us to provide our users with more relevant content or additional information about our services.
Web beacons are often used in combination with cookies; however, unlike cookies, web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, they can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive this technology via email, configure your email software to disable HTML images or refuse HTML emails (selecting the option for text only viewing). Setting your browser to decline cookies or to prompt you for an opt-in response before cookies are set will also reduce web beacons’ functionality.
Main AlterG cookies
The table below is a list of the main cookies set by AlterG Websites. We also are providing both the purpose and the name of each cookie. Please note that we may from time to time modify or update our cookies. When that happens, we will update this list accordingly.
|Category of Cookies||Purpose||Name|
|Analytics Cookies – These cookies are used to estimate our audience, identify usage patterns, and speed up searches.|
|Google Analytics Cookies||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the AlterG.com site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
|Session Cookies||These cookies are used to maintain your transaction. Generally your session cookies expire when your browser is closed. The use of the session cookies reduces the need for AlterG to transfer your information over the Internet.||ASP.NET_SessionId|
|Web Beacons||Web beacons are clear picture files (clear .gif files) that allow AlterG to track user interactions. AlterG may use web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened or links were accessed. They also allow AlterG to track customer actions on AlterG.com in order to tailor our services to you. Customized content is influenced by your interaction with AlterG, including the pages viewed, offers that you show an interest in, and responses provided to survey questions.||EloqGUID|
|Functionality Cookies – These cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the site and allow the website to remember the choices you make (such as user name, language or the region you are in). They are often used to record specific browsing information (including the way you arrive on the site, the pages you view, options you select, information you enter and the path you take through the site) against an individual customer profile.|
|Country Preference Cookies||These cookies are used to record your country preference. They allow the selected country page to be presented to the visitor without re-entry of country preference during each visit to the website.||CMSPreferredCulture|
|Language Preference Cookies||These cookies are used to record preferred language. They allow the preferred language to be displayed to the visitor without re-entry of language preference during each visit to the website.||CMSPreferredCulture|
|Content Management System Cookie||Denotes the way the site is being viewed (Live Site/Design Mode, etc.)||ViewMode
|Authentication Management||Contains your authentication ticket information.||ASPXFORMSAUTH|
|Third-Party Cookies – We have also developed relationships with carefully selected and monitored partners to assist in the delivery of a quality website. Some of these partners may set cookies during your visit to track the performance of marketing campaigns and/or meet contractual obligations with AlterG. While these cookies do not store any personal details relating to you, we do not have access or control over the cookies and similar technologies that our partners use.|
How to control cookies
You can control acceptance of cookies by modifying your Internet browser preferences. You have the ability to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. Please note that, if you choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or part of our site and may be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies.
To disable cookies:
- If you are using Internet Explorer 8.0+:
- Go to “Tools” in the menu bar and then click on “Internet Options”
- Click on “Privacy” Tab on top
- Move the slider up to the “Block all the Cookies” setting
- If you are using Firefox 4.0+:
- Go to “Tools” in the menu bar
- Click on “Options”
- Click on “Privacy Tab”
- Disable the box that says “Tell websites I do not want to be tracked”
- If you are using Google Chrome:
- Go to “Tools Menu”
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Advanced Settings”
- Click on “Privacy/Content Settings”
- “Cookies” should be selected. Once done select “Block third party cookies and site data”
- If you are using Safari 5.0:
- Choose Safari > Preferences and click “Security.”
- In the “Accept Cookies” section, specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites. To see an explanation of the options, click the Help button (looks like a question mark). If you have set Safari to block cookies, you may need to temporarily accept cookies to open a page. Repeat the above steps, selecting Always. When you’re done with the page, turn off cookies again and remove the page’s cookies.
For more detailed information on how to control cookies you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org
All content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, data compilations and software, is the property of AlterG or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this website is the exclusive property of AlterG and protected by United States and international copyright laws. All software used on this website is the property of AlterG or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
AlterG and other marks indicated on our website (the “Trademarks”).
LICENSE AND WEBSITE ACCESS
AlterG grants you a limited and non-exclusive license to access and make personal use of this website and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of AlterG. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another; any right to link to this website; or any use of data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of AlterG. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of AlterG without AlterG’s express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing AlterG’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of AlterG. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by AlterG.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This website is provided by AlterG on an “as is” and “as available” basis. AlterG makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials, services or products included on this website. You expressly agree that your use of this website is at your sole risk.
The website and its content is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the basis for making significant decisions without consulting primary or more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance upon the website and its content shall be at your own risk. Neither we, nor any third party involved in creating, producing or delivering the website is responsible if its content is not accurate, complete or current. Neither we, nor any third party involved in creating, producing or delivering the website has any responsibility for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction that you take based on the website and its content.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, AlterG disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. AlterG does not warrant that this website, its servers or e-mail sent from AlterG are free of viruses or other harmful components. AlterG will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
By visiting www.alterg.com, you agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and AlterG or its affiliates.
If you cause a technical disruption of the website or any aspect of its functionality you agree to be responsible for any and all loss, cost, liability or expense AlterG may suffer and will be liable for any attorney’s fees and costs; the same shall be without limitation of AlterG’s other vendors in law or equity.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to www.alterg.com shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in the State of California, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate AlterG’s intellectual property or other rights, AlterG may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of California, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
All terms herein are subject to change without prior notice.