Muscle Injury Treatment: Who Should Patients See For Relief?

When your patients suddenly get injured, they may wonder, “Who should I see about this?”

Is it really bad enough to see a doctor? Is it minor enough that a massage therapist can work it out? Is it necessary to see a physical therapist for treating a muscle injury?

The answer may surprise your patients.

“All of those providers are appropriate,” says AlterG client Kevin Rausch, PT, MPT, President of Rausch Physical Therapy & Sports Performance in Laguna Niguel, CA.

Consider your role as physical therapist alongside these other providers when your patients have concerns about muscle strain and wonder who they should see about it.

Chiropractors use muscle manipulation to work with injuries involving the muscles, joints, and ligaments, according to the American Chiropractic Association.

Generally, chiropractors deal with pain related to where the injury or painful condition is, but treatment can extend to general health and consultations.

Chiropractors are most effective for acute back pain, flare-ups of chronic back pain, and neck pain, states the US National Library of Medicine. Bone fractures, osteoporosis, and bone or joint infections should not be treated by chiropractic care.

Download this PDF about innovative ways of treatment using the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ to help your patients eliminate pain, prevent further injury of the muscle, and recover faster.